Monday, January 26, 2009

BEFRIENDING A POEM

So for an english assignment I had to befriend a poem. Now what that means is that I had to write 6 paragraphs about my intial reaction, paraphrase it, research it, parody it, interview someone about it, and then write my final response. Well here's an excerpt from my epic befriending a poem. Here is the interview portion:

'I asked one of my friends, Jamille, to read the poem, ''Thirteen Ways of Looking At A Blackbird,'' by Wallace Stevens. Her first response after reading it was, ''Holy crap, that was amazing. Not even kidding. That was really good.'' After I asked her what she enjoyed about it, she went on to say, ''Everything, LOL. And the fact that I didn't get a thing from it, that's a good thing. It means that it's a real poem.'' Overall it seems that my friend Jamille, really enjoyed the poem and the fact that she didn't understand it.'

The person I interviewed is obviously one of my friends Jamille, she is awesome. Her responses are always hilarious, and she's just great. Hope you enjoyed it.

Song of the Day: Creator - Santogold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home