Friday, March 13, 2009

BONJOUR EVERYONE!!

Bonjour. I'm in French class right now so I found it only approriate that I greeted you in French.

I'm currently supposed to be looking up pictures and facts about Belgium, but I never really do what I'm supposed to when I get a chance to go online at school.

So to make it look like I'm actually doing what I'm supposed to for your viewing pleasure I'm going to list a ton of facts about Belgium.

Facts about Belgium:
  • Motto: L'union fait la force (french). Translation: Strength through Unity.
  • Capital: Brussels.
  • Official languages: Dutch, French, and German
  • Prime Minister: Herman Van Rompuy.

History on Belgium:

In the 1st century B.C the Romans after defeating the local tribes created the province of Gallia Belgica. A gradual immigration by Germanic Frankish tribes during the 5th century brought the area under the rule of the Merovingian kings. A shift of power during the 8th century led the Kingdom of the Franks to turn into the Carolingian Empire. Then many things happened, I'm just too lazy to write it all. But that's just me. After WWII Belgium joined NATO, as a founder member and formed the Benelux group of nations with the Netherlands and Luxembourg.

Belgium is a constitutional, popular monarchy, and a parliamentary democracy. Belgium is also known for their waffles. Hehehe waffles.

But yes I got all of this information online at wikipedia. so that was your little history lesson of the day.

Au revoir.

Song of the Day: Ca Plane Pour Moi - Plastic Bertrand


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home